Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I posted this question on the specific 'Under 399cc' forum but, to date, have yet to recieve an answer so I'll try it here...

1998 AN250 Seat
Hi everyone, hope someone can help me. I have a 1998 an250 Burg UK model, which, for its age, appears to be in cracking condition with only 5100 miles on the clock. However, the riders back rest (which on this model appears to be non-adjustable) is, quite frankly, a pain in the a**. I want to remove it to install a gel pad and memory foam insert and carbon fibre heat sheet in the main seat but, try as I may, the 3 domed nuts underneath the seat (which appear to secure the back rest) just keep turning without loosening or, indeed, tightening. Am I missing something?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Sorry, pal -- i had this model but remember very vaguely about its specifics. Do you have the service manual?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Haynes manual but it just does not detail removing the riders back rest/lumbar support....As much as I look I simply cannot see any other way of removing it other than these 3 domed nuts. I know on other models there are 2 small 'hidden' screws to remove the support but these do not exist on the early 250's

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have you tried inserting a putty knife, knifeblade or screwdriver under the domed nut and pried them up while turning the nut, maybe you could just grind the nuts off instead.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've found some manual, there's a section of removing some exterior parts. I can upload it somewhere if your Haynes doesn't have that. I can see there're 4 main bolts that are to bind and hold the seat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bolzen, Haynes manual does not explain how to dismantle the seat but does show 4 bolts that secure the seat to the hinge but if you are talking about different bolts then if you can upload it or point me in the direction of where you found it that'd be great....

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
From all manuals I remember, no one contained detail description of how to remove one or the other part :) But here you go, starting section 11-12 maybe there is some clue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts