Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someday if you're traveling I-84 (Salt Lake City, Boise, Portland, Seattle), it's worth a stop for the 16 miles directly north out of Boise to the ski area, Bogus Basin. Almost zero traffic during the summer, last time 3 pickups, 5 bicycles, maybe half dozen asst cycles. Stunning panorama of the Treasure Valley (Boise area), more than 10 breaking tight leaning curves per mile, smooth paved road, a few precipitous cliffs, crystal air. Great road, plus if you want, I'll buy you a beer. george

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sounds mondo cool, George, if I'm ever up that way I'll take you up on that beer. After a ride like that, I think I'll need it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't been up there yet, but going to Stanley is a BLAST!! I like Goodies in Hyde Park for ice cream better than a beer. I just wanted to say hello to fellow neighbor.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wished you would have posted this about 2 days before. We just left Boise and are in Jerome. A guy told us it was a nice bicycling road because of no traffic but did not mention curves. I would have even taken you up on the beer. There was at least one brewpub we did not try. Idaho has lots of good two wheeler roads. 55 out of Cascade and Hwy 12 all 180 miles of it. Any paved side road off of 12. We have only been hanging out in ID for a month but will return.

Rick

·
Registered
226 Posts
Oh yea, George if you are out riding around go by Carl's Cycles and tell Jon in service that you heard about good service, from them, on this forum.
Thanks
Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts