Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kello,
I am looking a way to get 12v under the seat, but of course under the key too.:confused:
Is there some connector or fuse to use? I nee to power a gps unit only when the key is in ignition position.
thanks
ciao

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
for GPS Power on by Key take the power from the back of the power socket in the glove box
+1........this the best way of doing it. NOTE: if the GPS cable is not already fitted with a fuse, make sure you wire in an inline 1A fuse, otherwise if things go wrong the GPS will be subject to the power socket's full 10A.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
There's also the wire for the license plate lamp as well that runs along the front of the trunk box between it and the fuel tank if you were considering an outlet in the trunk for device charging applications. Though I'd use that just for a relay to switch a line from the batt since it's close.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's also the wire for the license plate lamp as well that runs along the front of the trunk box between it and the fuel tank if you were considering an outlet in the trunk for device charging applications. Though I'd use that just for a relay to switch a line from the batt since it's close.
Thank you guys, that's what I was looking for. I need an extra power source under the seat to place an electronic device on the trunk box.
I will check on the wire diagram to find the right wire.
ciao :)
fausto

1 - 7 of 7 Posts