Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings..
My wife and I are the new proud owners of two '13 400s...
We took them out for a long shake down ride yesterday...one item that I would like to add...or construct is a 12v cooler. Given that my wife is a type 1 diabetic, it is paramount we keep her insulin nice and cool.. gel packs work fine for a time...but they last not nearly long enough. I would prefer to use a tunnel bag to hold some sodas, medication, and snacks... has anyone here been able to find a 12v cooler that fits the space between ones legs?

Any input would be greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
57 Posts
I borrowed one of the small 12 volt coolers once that without a compressor. It ran OK with only the sound of the fan, but I was unhappy with the cooling. It just did'nt keep my drinks as cold as needed.
I forgot to add, I was using it on my boat, so I guess the sun was more powerful than the cooler.

·
Registered
748 Posts
This is what my buddy experienced in his semi and I often wondered if you added ice, or an ice pack to it if that would be the answer? Should be cooler, and last longer I'd think?
I'd love to be able to have cold drinks on hand, a cooler under the seat gets pretty warm, pretty fast.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Mine fits in the 400 trunk but as stated it doesn't get ICE cold. It is good for sandwiches and such but I still freeze my drinks so they are colder longer. I rarely use it on the bike though but more in the car. My softside cooler keeps things cold just fine if reloaded with ice daily and takes up minimal space when empty and folded back up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was away from home about 45 minutes & my wife called for me to get a quart of mily. It was july/111 degrees in Tx. I went yo Wal Mart & got a water cooler jug the size that would hold my milk & ice for under my seat . I went to Taco bell next door & told the mgr I was a diabetic & ( I was diagnosed in 1976 & have been on insulin since. $ injections a day) ever since. He was cool. During the Oil field layoffs in the 80's got layed off & was a Fast food mgr at Whataburger for 15 years & most of us mgrs would help people as good business people should. I wouldn't fill an ice chest(except for my buddies) but we would all help in a case of health. Just ask. All they can say is no!. The Don

·
Registered
427 Posts
A point to consider, but the under seat trunk on my 2011 400 gets a bit warm from the engine. I would think it would do better strapped to the pillion, or the tunnel area. I keep all my drinks and meltables in a ATV style bag that I drape and secure over the tunnel.

·
Registered
748 Posts
A point to consider, but the under seat trunk on my 2011 400 gets a bit warm from the engine. I would think it would do better strapped to the pillion, or the tunnel area. I keep all my drinks and meltables in a ATV style bag that I drape and secure over the tunnel.
Pictures please.;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
hello,,what I did was make 3 holes and joined them with a clear tube and directed the melting water behind the rear wheel,,,works great for beers,,well at least that is what I drink when riding here.....if a cop stops me I will tell him its the drain of the A/C hehehehehehe,,,,but it works great for me,,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts