Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished posting Part II of the ride to Roswell, NM and back. This part covers one of the most amazing roads I've ever ridden, NM County Rd 152.

A friend and I rode 1100 miles in 2 days. It was about 600 miles and 15 hours back to Tucson. Just read to the previous post to see Part I.

http://skyislandriders.com/?p=1490

BTW, I just posted a video with pics from the trip to Roswell that didn't make it into Part I. Video to Part II soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQBDTm-lR48

There may not be music to it yet. It takes a while for YouTube to add it. What is the secret to being able to use regular tunes from my CD's without violating copy write?

Howard

·
Registered
18 Posts
The ride to Roswell caught my eye. Roswell (actually Hagerman a few miles south) is my home town. I left when I was 12 or 13 and never really went back. Elaine, Pam and I did a road trip through there, and up to Colorado a few years ago. Her home town was Springfield, so we made a home town trip out of it. I did take a look on Google Maps and I saw that road. One of these days.....
I challenged the Tail of the Dragon in N. Carolina a few years ago, but I bet CR 152 was a real hoot.
BJ

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hoping to hit Tail of the Dragon someday, but there is no shortage of challenging roads out here. I suppose one huge difference between CR152 and one of the other well known motorcycling roads is traffic. Too much traffic is dangerous, however, we have the opposite problem. There is so little traffic that if something were to go wrong, it may be a long time before anyone finds you. CR152 and Rt 191 are both like this. Rt 191 even has signs telling that the road is only patrolled twice weekly. There is no cell phone coverage in lots of this area as well. It's pretty sobering.

I would also like to be able to spend a few days riding in the Roswell area. I, too, left when I was a kid with only a few, brief trip back in the past 35 years or so. There are many small otwns and country roads I would love to visit.

Howard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts