Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just read on a forum (650 sspecific) that Suzuki is going to produce a 1000cc Burgman. Is this for real? Does any one know more about this, any links or new releases etc? thanks. jld

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
halshak,

Most significant in the design is the feet-forward riding position of the scooter which has been further modified with a lower seat and a lower frontal area for the fully-faired machine. Suzuki’s literature describes the riding position as one that “a relaxed human body assumes in a weightless environment.”
Already producing the largest scooter-styled motorcycle in the form of the 650cc Bergman, Suzuki has retained the parallel-twin motor but increased its capacity to 916cc – once more getting power to the (massive 220) rear wheel is via Suzuki’s very efficient electronically-controlled continuously variable transmission, the same transmission we raved about in testing the Bergman.
Its sounds like a scooter when I read it ??

Greg ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
JLD said:
Hey everyone. I just read on a forum (650 sspecific) that Suzuki is going to produce a 1000cc Burgman. Is this for real? Does any one know more about this, any links or new releases etc? thanks. jld
i think that wou;d be really cool!!!!!!i love the 650 but wuold get the 1000in a hartbeat!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the G-Strider is the future of motorcycles

In my opinion, in the not-so-far future, all (or most) new motorcycles will have similar characteristics of the G-Strider.

I say this because today, with the growing market of maxi-scooters, the differences between scooters and motorcycles are getting smaller and smaller.

I believe that this is a sign that one day there won't be scooters or motorcycles at all. What we will have is a new machine (much like the G-Strider) that will be a sort of hybrid between the two.
This kind of machine will offer the comfort, agility and fun of a scooter, with the "muscles" of a sport bike.

In addition, these machines will be easier to ride for begginers, yet still offer thrill for advanced riders.

I myself am having dilemas as to what I want/need...
Do I want a motorcycle or a scooter :?:

With the Burgman (especially the 650) I think that I can get the best of both in one machine.

I think that the makers of motorcycles are rapidly understanding that this is the way to make the 2-wheel market grow: Offer a machine that is accomadates the needs of different riders.

That was my 2 pennies, anyhoo :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
I agree with meetyg -- the trend towards the "new" motorcycle, I believe is in place with the creation of the Silver Wing, Atlantic and Burgman etc.

10 years from now, it is highly likely that mjaority of new bikes will have automatic transmission -- much like what happened to Cars and Trucks. Needless to say it is not likely that the 'standard' transmission will be completely phased out of production, but these will probably be carried for the specialized sport market. Even with that, though, I can still envision an 'automatic' GSXR one day, for street use, much like a Porsche 911 or Corvette can be purchased with automatic transmission. I am willing to bet also that even Harleys will carry automatic transmission - geez. It will be a whole new world of motorcycles 10 years from now, I have little doubt.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Automatic Transmission

If you live and ride where there is plenty of open road, maybe a manual transmission makes sense, but if like a lot of us we live where every 100 meters (yards to Americans) there is either a stop light or sign, then automatic saves a lot of work.

A friend who moved here from out west with his manual transmission car is saving up for something with automatic because by the time he gets to work, his arm and leg are both sore from the 10,000 gear shifts he makes going one way to work. (That's 20 KM / one stop every hundred meters(average) x five gears.

I suggested he could save on fuel by connecting the gear shift and clutch pedal directly to the wheels and then turn the engine off for the entire trip. :wink: It would be about the same amount of work. He said there was one steep hill on the way back that would need the motor. :D

An automatic transmission removes all that work, and he knows that he will be less tired and better able to work when he gets to work in the morning and not colapse when he gets home in the evening.

I suspect that in high density or heavy traffic areas, automatic is much safer as the driver can concentrate on driving and watching for other drivers doing stupid things. Being more relaxed is always safer in the long run.

Obviously I am in accord with those who say automatic will take over in the next few years as traffic volumes increase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts