1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Great read! Thanks for sharing. The parade part made me chuckle :lol:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
A very entertaining write-up! Having lived in Connecticut for many years, your route through New England was quite familiar to me. I know I've been through White River Junction, VT more than once. But I never rode into Canada. I fear I would not have been carrying sufficient armament to live up to their USA biker expectations either, although the long Burgman ignition key might qualify as a weapon of sorts... It is sad, but when you say "motorcyclist" to a non-rider, they hear "biker", and envision the Hells Angels outlaw gang. The 95% of us that are decent citizens on the road just don't make an impression.

I sympathize with your difficulty in finding lodging. It has happened to me a couple of times. I remember stopping in a good sized Indiana town a couple of years ago, only to find that all the rooms in town were booked by participants in a major girl's basketball tournament....

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Great road story. I really enjoyed your plans to redeem your hard core biker image. :sign5:

·
Registered
270 Posts
1000 mile trip

:D I enjoyed your stroy also. Keep'em comeing. Life is an adventure. :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments folks! I write for fun, but would like to make it a career (as much as I enjoy shlepping across the US implementing ERP systems). Encouragement always helps, and I'm already cooking up my next Burgman adventure, assuming I can get some time between working and getting married next summer!

Have a great Thanksgiving (at least those in the US!)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey, you can have a great Thanksgiving, too. Just don't tell anyone. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts