Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm crusading for a 1000cc Burgman, and in more than just two colors.

WLB :)

Moved from Suzuki feedback section due to everyone's inability to stop discussing

·
Registered
270 Posts
1000cc please!!!!

:D I would be over joyed if Suzuki would build a 1000cc Burgman. And at the same time give us more colors to choice from. 8) That would be cool. I'm gona hate seeing them new Honda scooters passing my poor Burg. :angryfire:

·
Registered
17 Posts
1000 cc Burgy

The only thing that would make me give up my Burgman 650 is to upgrade to a 1000 cc Burgman. :) But you know, the 650 has plenty of power for a surprisingly quick acceleration... it would be better if the Burgman 650 wasn't so heavy! C'mon Suzuki, how about making the Burgman lighter in the 650cc configuration? I would definitely get a second Burgman in a heartbeat if it was available in 1000cc but with everything else the same (except for better suspension.... :wink: )

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I have nothing against a bigger engine, but we should still have options for smaller ones as well, for those of us who can't afford low gas mileage.

A 250, 400, 650 1000cc?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I personally believe that the 650 is perfect. I've downsized both of my bikes to less than a liter. bigger isn't always better

·
Registered
553 Posts
Edwljoseph said:
I personally believe that the 650 is perfect. I've downsized both of my bikes to less than a liter. bigger isn't always better
I have the 400 of course, but I would agree that the 650 is plenty. The more cc's the heavier the bike. There has to be a point of diminishing returns.

·
Registered
240 Posts
lilleyen said:
I have nothing against a bigger engine, but we should still have options for smaller ones as well, for those of us who can't afford low gas mileage.

A 250, 400, 650 1000cc?
with this lineup, perhaps suzuki can reduce the size of 650 a bit for people under 5' 8" and fatten the 1000cc a bit for those taller than 6' 2". I almost think that a smaller (size, not power) 650 may eliminate the need of having a 400.

·
Registered
848 Posts
This is only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. It took years for the cruiser market to heat up enough to warrant the large displacement bikes we see now. The Maxi Scooter market is in it's infancy relative to cruisers so I think you might be waiting some time before there is enough interest that companies such as Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda want to spend the money doing the R and D for Super-Mega-Scoots. But hey, I was wrong once this year already! :roll:

As for me, I want to know when the Suzuki-Kawasaki relationship will bring out a lime green 650.

·
Registered
257 Posts
re: 1000cc's please

Suzuki!
Don't change a thing!
You guys and gals want a grand of cc's, get a goldwing. The 650 is for those of us that had 1000cc's or bigger and had to play the shifting game.
Now we have the nirvana of automatic, lots of go and comfort.
We don,t need to screw up a good thing. Remember the 64 Mustang and how it got so big and overbuilt thru the years, it ended up getting discontinued. Ditto the T-Bird.

Leave it's size alone, but make simple improvements like analog instruments, maybe larger tires, larger windscreen.
By the way, the present windsreen problems are the result of this being a Japenese product. They are much smaller people on average and this bike was designed for that market. Clearview and Givi are repairing the tall peoples problem in this hemisphere.

Jim Ceriale

·
Registered
81 Posts
very soon the goldwing will be automatic............
at 2000cc
leave the burgman 650 where its at and refine, refine......
Its fast . comfy, rides 2up at freeway speeds, and its automatic...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I suggest a smaller (lighter) engine with the same HP and torque of the 650. If they can make 50cc scooters powerful enough to change the moped laws, then they can make a 500cc engine as powerful as my 650.

If the engine weighs less, the framing can be lightened some too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think a go-between of 800-900 would add plenty of power although the 650 already seems plenty peppy as is...I think a larger engine should demand a larger bike that would bridge the gap between scooter and motorcycle (yes I'm whining for some version of the G-Strider).

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
650 is fine, now make a motorcycle with this driveline!

Rotate the engine so the cylinder bores are vertical, put the gas tank over the engine, and use the length this frees up to mount larger wheels. Use belt drive rather than gears since the swingarm will be longer. Relocate the rear brake back to the right footpeg for consistency with motorcycle controls.
There may well be a US market for a motorcycle with an automatic transmission, where there isn't yet one for scooters.

Rusty J
AN650K5 in Ogden, UT

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I guess that I like bigger is because of the design and ergonomic possibilities.

I could pop wheelies all day long on a manual shift 50cc vespa - but it ain't the same thing for sure. I could have bought a maxed-out 900 woom woom track bike if I wanted but then I would be surrounded with the rest of the cafe' crowd all going "woom woom."

That's why I like the idea of an "ultra scoot" - say around 900 or 1300 cc. You can still be in a new "gendre" and have the horsepower to boot. Without having to subscribe to a 6 cylinder valkarie or MV super bike.

I guess that all of the MC "styles" - if you will - just sort of bored me. Who knows why - I was always a "fan" of "estates/shooting brakes/station wagons" My thoughts on those are coming to fruition with "crossover" vehicles now.

Hell - gimme a current day 2CV Citroen 2 lunger and I'd buy it - as long as it had the straw seats and the fully openable top.

More cc?! Hell yeah. Pour it on amigo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
WLB :>) said:
I'm crusading for a 1000cc Burgman, and in more than just two colors.

WLB :)
Gets my vote. (That would put a smile on my face that surgery couldn't remove) :D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts