Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Birthday! My Lil Suzi is now 10 years old.
She is still my go to bike when riding. She has been faithful and true. She still gives me thrills. She has shown me sights only dreamed of and I am so glad to have found her and gave her a good home.
Burgman's are special friends!

10 year old bike and still looking good!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Very very nice! Glad you are both happy. Burgmans are for life, not just for xmas! Once you have one you can keep it going for many many years. Congratulations.

·
Registered
425 Posts
How many miles does she have on her? Congrats!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The odometer shows 24,000+ but that is off.
I did have to re-glued then replaced that darn speedo sensor.
My GPS worked well in the mean times.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Burgmans are for life, not just for xmas!
Now I'm imagining the heart-wrenching public service announcements.... Thanks.

My 650 is coming up on 10 years as well (in May). They do sure clean up pretty even after all these years, don't they?

·
Registered
345 Posts
My 650's also about to hit 10 yrs also!
She still purrs like the 1st day I got her, and roars up/down the interstate w/ authority.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You need to ride that thing a LOT more :)
Nope not really.....Not at all actually.
I don't commute so all miles are pleasure smiles.

Over the last 10 years I have owned and still own several bikes that I also ride regularly! I ride all year around 10,000 smiles a year.
About to add a TW200 to the stable replacing the DR650 I sold with 62,850 muddy smiles on it. Where I live I gotta have a light trail bike. :D I also sold my 1999 Harley softtail with 42,500 smile and the GoldWing I put 5000 miles on last spring.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are fun to have. Did you remove every other roller in the variator to stop the dead zone? I put several thousand miles on one of those too. :thumbup:
Currently have the wife on an Elite which she loves.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Those are fun to have. Did you remove every other roller in the variator to stop the dead zone? I put several thousand miles on one of those too.
No. I made the tool for it, so that I could do it, but with 42,000 miles on it now, I never got around to doing that mod. I still have it though, so there may be some hope :)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
My '03 400 will be 12 next month, should turn 60k miles at about the same time. It had 12k when I got it in May of 2010 so the last 48k in 4 years are all mine...

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
My 2003 650 Burgman died in 2012-I then got a 2009 Executive and really love it. I wish they lasted longer.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
My 650 is coming up on 10 years as well (in May).
Though, technically it is already 10 years old - the build date is 3/05. About 26K miles on it so far (I split my riding between it and two other bikes, lost two riding seasons due to injuries, and of course spent 7 of those years in a place where winter kept bikes off the road).

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Mine is six years old but I've only owned it for two years. Have put 19,572 miles on it in that time. Kept track of every tank of gas I've run in it, 51.5 mpg average for these two years. So with the 46k+ miles I put on my 07 400 I'm up to 66k+ miles of Burgman :D.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts