Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
10 year old Emma told her dad (my son) she's ready to move up now , she wants a 50cc Vespa . Most natural kid I've ever seen on a bike , this kid in every way is a riot . My X wife Emma's grand mother , just rolls her eyes with disgust ......... I just laugh .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I was about that age when I started riding my dad's 50cc Yamaha Chappy. I was restricted to riding on the gravel road next to our house, but I did sneak off and ride around the neighborhood a bit. Ah, memories.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Check into a Honda Metropolitan...
there is a 'restricted' version that
has a large washer in the intake
throat, & in the exhaust....it also has
a re-mapped ECM, but you can do
the washer-thing yourself, to some
extent.
Metropolitans are 4-cycle 4.9 HP...
don't have to mix the gas. The factory
restricted versions work out to about
3.2 HP or so. Lower HP for the young'en.

·
Registered
585 Posts
She looks to be a bit big for that. With some pull-backs she could maybe ride it another year or so.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Not to toss a few sprinkles on anyone's parade:p...but...Double check with your DMV

In Illinois, a 49cc or lower gas motor driven cycle/scooter requires a valid driver's license, obtainable after completing a certified driver's education course and after reaching the age of 16

It is illegal to operate a gas powered cycle/scooter on anything but streets...no sidewalks, playgrounds etc.

The only way around this restriction is if the cycle/scooter is electric powered, not gas powered:confused:

Private property, of course, you may do as you wish:D

I just went through this with my youngest son, getting him a valid endorsement and certified for the little Ninja 300 sitting in my garage:cool:

Just my 2 cents...5 minutes on the internet to your DMV is time well spent;)

Bill

·
Registered
199 Posts
In Italy you can't get a car license until you're 18, but you can get a moped/scooter license when you are 13. That is why Italian teenagers are surgically attached to their Vespas.

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
She does look like a natural on that scoot :).

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
10 year old Emma told her dad (my son) she's ready to move up now , she wants a 50cc Vespa . Most natural kid I've ever seen on a bike , this kid in every way is a riot . My X wife Emma's grand mother , just rolls her eyes with disgust ......... I just laugh .

TheReaper!
What, no helmet? You know most accidents happen in the kitchen. Lol. :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
DMV rules are different in different places. Here in Florida you don't even need ID to drive something under 50cc. This is one of the reasons you see so many of them around - a huge number of people don't have licenses and it's a legal way to get from hither to yon.

Bill was right - 5 minutes on the internet to your DMV is time well spent

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Must be very proud of her...

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not to toss a few sprinkles on anyone's parade:p...but...Double check with your DMV

In Illinois, a 49cc or lower gas motor driven cycle/scooter requires a valid driver's license, obtainable after completing a certified driver's education course and after reaching the age of 16

It is illegal to operate a gas powered cycle/scooter on anything but streets...no sidewalks, playgrounds etc.

The only way around this restriction is if the cycle/scooter is electric powered, not gas powered:confused:

Private property, of course, you may do as you wish:D

I just went through this with my youngest son, getting him a valid endorsement and certified for the little Ninja 300 sitting in my garage:cool:

Just my 2 cents...5 minutes on the internet to your DMV is time well spent;)

Bill
In Italy you can't get a car license until you're 18, but you can get a moped/scooter license when you are 13. That is why Italian teenagers are surgically attached to their Vespas.
She looks to be a bit big for that. With some pull-backs she could maybe ride it another year or so.
Must be very proud of her...

Yes I am , the kid is a one man show . When she was 5 or 6 my son got her a little electric car , within a couple hours she made the yard into a race track . She was leaning outside the car on the turns like a pro , it was a riot to sit and watch . She gets all A's in school and is a natural artist .
She talks , walks and acts like she's a 30 year old college grad . She was recently diagnosed with Type one diabetes (which broke my heart), she took it in stride and checks her own sugar and gives herself shots . Every once in a while but rarely you meet unique and special people , she is one of those people .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Reaper, she sounds like a one in a million kid. You have every right to be proud.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
118 Posts
Reaper, bless her little heart. I'm sure you are one very proud grandpa. My little 3 year old granddaughter sits on all my bikes and scoots in the garage whenever she comes over. Puts a big smile on my face but definitely puts the fear in her mothers eye knowing that she may someday have the very same interest her grandpa has for bikes and scoots.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
She stole my heart way back , this is her around 4 or 5 years old .

TheReaper!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts