Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

$10,999

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  R1200 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Advertising a price for something you can't even buy. :roll: Doesn't matter to me as I only buy used Burgmans. :wink:

#4 ·
Wow! It went up $1100!

And this is while Japan is flooding their currency by printing more money to make their products more competitive. You would think the price would've stayed close to the same. I wonder what will happen when the new 2014 400 comes out. Besides wondering about the extent of the redesign, how much more will it cost?

Chris

#5 ·
I was seriously considering the 650 until I saw the UK price, £8,799. No chance. I will wait to see what they do regarding update and pricing of the 2014 400 but if that comes in any more expensive than the current model then they wont be getting my business. The problem for me is that whilst I really like Burgmans (I have owned 5) they devalue horribly. In comparison I also run a Triumph Bonneville of which I have also been fortunate enough to own several, which after the initial tax loss hardly devalue at all. i.e. a 2001 Bonneville which cost about £5,000 in 2001 sold on Ebay for £3,500 last week. You would be pushed to get better than £5,000 for a year old 650 in a years time costing nearly 9K today.

Geoff.

#6 ·
The 2013 BMW scooters have a MSRP of $9,590 and $9,990 but they all seem to be fully equipped with heated seats, heated grips, computer that monitors air pressure and a bunch of other stuff. They are priced at dealers at $10,690 and $11,090 MSRP. Does Suzuki really expect to sell their 650 for more money than BMW?

#7 ·
Daboo said:
Wow! It went up $1100!

And this is while Japan is flooding their currency by printing more money to make their products more competitive. You would think the price would've stayed close to the same. I wonder what will happen when the new 2014 400 comes out. Besides wondering about the extent of the redesign, how much more will it cost?

Chris
Exactly correct Chris... Bank of Japan is going to at least double their money supply..(( http://www.japantoday.com/category/busi ... t-of-slump )) This scooter should have taken a significant price drop in dollar terms... Somebody is making a killing on the Yen/Dollar currency swap while new US buyers are getting screwed out of appx $3000 USD...

#8 ·
Well folks I don't think that's a bad price at all.The only real competition to a 650 burg is the BMW GT. Have you priced it. The only real grip I have with my 2011 burg is the noisy whiney gear drive final drive. The new burg has a belt and much quitter. I think I,ll look for a new burg and trade in the K11.

#9 ·
soc714 said:
...The only real grip I have with my 2011 burg is the noisy whiney gear drive final drive. The new burg has a belt and much quitter. I think I,ll look for a new burg and trade in the K11.
I believe they share the same belt...

Chris

#10 ·
soc714 said:
The only real grip I have with my 2011 burg is the noisy whiney gear drive final drive. The new burg has a belt and much quitter.
Ah the new 2013 still has a gear driven final drive. The American Suzuki web site is wrong, look at Suzuki's international sites like the UK one, they have it correct. I saw the bike at the motorcycle show in November but it you want further confirmation ask Hanspluygers he has one.

Daboo said:
I believe they share the same belt...
No belt in the final drive just in the CVT.

#11 ·
I must admit...when I first saw $10,999, I grumbled: "No Freaking Way!!!" But...after thinking about it...I have to ease off that stance just a bit. Considering the updates of the 2013 model, I expected the price would increase $500 - $600. Whereas $1,100 is a ridiculous increase, I am contemplating whether the unexpected 5-6 hundred dollars extra is a deal breaker for me.

Question: Considering how late in the season the 2013 will arrive (some say August!), would it be advantageous to just wait until 2014? Whatcha think?

#12 ·
MSRP, dealers may sell for less, right? It depends on how the redesign stacks up against the 2012 version. If the suspension isn't any better, then the various tweaks aren't enticing enough IMO. Sticker price up here is closer to $13K, so count your blessings. On the other hand, a properly updated 400 might pry dollars out of my cold, dead wallet.

#13 ·
MisterSolo said:
I must admit...when I first saw $10,999, I grumbled: "No Freaking Way!!!" But...after thinking about it...I have to ease off that stance just a bit. Considering the updates of the 2013 model, I expected the price would increase $500 - $600. Whereas $1,100 is a ridiculous increase, I am contemplating whether the unexpected 5-6 hundred dollars extra is a deal breaker for me.

Question: Considering how late in the season the 2013 will arrive (some say August!), would it be advantageous to just wait until 2014? Whatcha think?

If you don't already have a deposit on the 2013 it's unlikley you'll see a new one this year (I made a deposit in March).
I've called corporate several times and the best I can figure is that things are tied up in legal with the severing of the US auto division which had been lumped in with the MC division to make their earnings seem stronger... after all Suzi wants to sell bikes.
My prediction is that there will be very few (to no) 2014's imported and that we'll see "New" 2013s sold in 2014.

AND what's up with the ONE color choice?!

#17 ·
Desert Rat said:
Advertising a price for something you can't even buy. :roll: Doesn't matter to me as I only buy used Burgmans. :wink:
I bought '09 Exec in 2011, sold it in Jan 2013 and bought back my same '09 Exec in May 2013.. so you can say that I bought a used Burgman '09 Exec :lol: Seriously, I would like to see some miles on the 2013 Burgman 650. When a new product comes out, there are enough recalls to keep things busy. The BMW scooters are getting their recalls, the paint job looks really cheap in person and nothing about the BMW scooters are exciting. However; I was excited to buy back my old '09 Exec :D more than I would want to buy '13 Exec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.