Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Being A Florida Boy its always been a 20-w50 thing for me.

You might want to take a look at other great oils other than Amsoil

Mobil 1 and others . I backed away from amsoil a few years ago due

to there packaging . They try to mislead by there label they are using.

They are !!! NOT !!! an A P I certified motorcycle oil .

For what they charge they should be in my view.

And by no means wanting to start a oil board war .

Buy and use what you like there are lots of options in 40 and 50 weights.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I will edit and ask:

When I switch to synthetic (in motor and final drive) should I go w/ 10/40 or 20/50?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Go 10w/40 for every day use and abuse. Go 20/50 for racing.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
At third oil change you can go synthetic. 10w-40 for normal type of ride.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Rotella full synthetic for the win!
Yeah, that's all you need. 5W-40 T-6 and use it year round. You and that wonderful Burgman will make beautiful music together with this combo.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I ran 10w-30 in my bikes no problems. The bike is liquid cooled. 40k miles on my 07 Burgman 400.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best oil I found

Since the manual states the type and viscosity to use and temperature ranges, Where I live, I chose Valvoline 10w 40 4 Stroke Motorcycle Oil. Found it at Fleet Farm here in WI $5.45 qt.

They also make it in 20w 50 if you hard harder and hotter.

And its Jaso MA rated (Important).

"Keep the shiny up" :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use Shell Rotella T 15W40 year around here in Texas, and have no problems. I can't see any advantage in paying more for synthetic oil when I am going to change it at 3600 mile intervals. I won't use the little tiny oil filter any longer than that any way.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
I've used Rotella 5-40 Full Synthetic, and Amsoil scooter oil 10-40.
They seem to both work OK from ~freezing to 100ish (for relatively short times).
I'd probably go a bit heavier if I ran in the high end of that temperature consistently.
The Rotella seemed fine, but I prefer the group 4 synthetic if I can get an acceptable price on it.
It's probably overkill and definitely more expensive then the Rotella.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Shell Rotella. Why? I have no idea, but it seems most any type of forum you go on, ie, motorcycle, 4-wheel atv, off road bikes, scooter, I've not heard anything bad about this oil, and it's cheap and for me easily obtainable.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Since the manual states the type and viscosity to use and temperature ranges, Where I live, I chose Valvoline 10w 40 4 Stroke Motorcycle Oil. Found it at Fleet Farm here in WI $5.45 qt.

They also make it in 20w 50 if you hard harder and hotter.

And its Jaso MA rated (Important).

"Keep the shiny up" :)
WALMART (Sevirville & Knoxville, TN -- maybe not everyplace) has it for $3.89. Been using Valvoline MC Oil for years since I found it at WALMART for that price vs $6 plus for oils at dealers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts