Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Burgman 400 is 1 week old. I have just about 300 miles on it. I just traded my 02 superhawk for it. I've had a Helix,GS500,Goldwing, old cb500. I loved my Helix. I put about 17,000 miles on it before I sold it. I won first place in the Minnesota 1000 with it. I love my 400 so far! I plan on putting ALOT of miles on it! Is there anything you high milage guys can tell me to watch for? The superhawk was just jail time waiting to happen. A guy only has so much luck before it runs out. You know what I mean. Talk to ya later, Shawn :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is there anything you high milage guys can tell me to watch for?
Yes, EVERYTHING :!:

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA!

I don't own a 400, but from what I've heard & read:

1. Check your oil level frequently. They tend to use oil sporadically.

2. I met up with a group of scooter riders this week. Two of them have had problems with wheel bearings. Yep, on 400s. In this forum, it has been the 650 riders with that problem, but I guess it can be an issue with 400s too.

3. If you haven't checked your tire pressures yet, do it right away! Suzuki dealers are notorious for delivering bikes with less than 20 lbs pressure in the tires.

They are very reliable machines overall though. Don't be afraid to put miles on it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Welcome to BUSA! Congrats on the new 400, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Burgman 400

Shawn, I also had a Helix at one time & I'm about to get a 400 soon. What do you think about the differences between the Helix & the Burgman? I found that the Helix lacked lower back support & from what I'm reading the Burgman's seat to to far forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Helix seat

I'm 6feet 1inch and think it's better than the Helix. It depends on the level of comfort you need to have. I've seen bikes costing alot more with pretty wimpy seats. Just my 2 cents worth. Shawn 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts