Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Downsized my scoot from the 650 Burgman to a Forza 300.
Wifester upsized from her 400 Burgman to a CTX 700N; 6 speed.
She strayed from the scooter scene.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Mind elaborating on the main reason for this move?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mind elaborating on the main reason for this move?
Just for change.
I don't believe we've kept anything much over 3 years since we starting riding motorcycles too many years ago. We've bought just about every riding style, and make out there. No brand or style loyalty here. I almost got another adventure touring bike, but stayed with a scooter this time. Wife wanted to shift again. She can reach the ground and feels comfortable on the CTX. That's about it, no drama here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Forza 300

I have both a 2005 Burgman 650 and a 2014 Honda Forza 300.
I really like both. The Forza definitely need the taller winscreen to be comfortable above 45 MPH. The Forza is smooth and rides nice. I ride it on the CA Freeways at 75 MPH. I Put the GIVI tall windscreen on mine. The one thing I like better than the Burgman 650 is the Speedometer accuracy. I know when I am driving 75 MPH, it's correct and no guessing.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have both a 2005 Burgman 650 and a 2014 Honda Forza 300.
I really like both. The Forza definitely need the taller winscreen to be comfortable above 45 MPH. The Forza is smooth and rides nice. I ride it on the CA Freeways at 75 MPH. I Put the GIVI tall windscreen on mine. The one thing I like better than the Burgman 650 is the Speedometer accuracy. I know when I am driving 75 MPH, it's correct and no guessing.
I ordered the taller windshield and trunk mounting bracket from Honda; And then ordered a Bestem trunk. They should all be here next week.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Dan,

First of all, good to see a post from you. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, and from what I gather neither are you.

Good for you.......we've done a bit of bike changing since last Chris & I got together with you and Mary too.

Hope you enjoy your new rides. In addition to the grey 2011 650 we had back then, Chris now has a white 2012 too, and I've got an ST1100, just 'cos.
We've still got the 400, with the engine sorted, running sweet as a nut now, and it's given up smoking, too. All the healthier for it.

I am scheduled to sell the 400 to one of the guys who works for me this month, as he's loking for a good commuter, and since I've had the St Chris eventually got on it for a ride, and has now decided she wants a sport tourer too.
Got my eye on a Trophy SE, now I just need to work out how to pay for it!

We took the two 650's up to St Augustine weekend before last, that was a nice ride.

Anyway, hope you're both doing well, and enjoying your current rides. Drop me a line if you fancy doing a lunch one weekend.

Jim

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan,

First of all, good to see a post from you. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, and from what I gather neither are you.

Good for you.......we've done a bit of bike changing since last Chris & I got together with you and Mary too.

Hope you enjoy your new rides. In addition to the grey 2011 650 we had back then, Chris now has a white 2012 too, and I've got an ST1100, just 'cos.
We've still got the 400, with the engine sorted, running sweet as a nut now, and it's given up smoking, too. All the healthier for it.

I am scheduled to sell the 400 to one of the guys who works for me this month, as he's loking for a good commuter, and since I've had the St Chris eventually got on it for a ride, and has now decided she wants a sport tourer too.
Got my eye on a Trophy SE, now I just need to work out how to pay for it!

We took the two 650's up to St Augustine weekend before last, that was a nice ride.

Anyway, hope you're both doing well, and enjoying your current rides. Drop me a line if you fancy doing a lunch one weekend.

Jim

Here's the new scoot with windshield and trunk installed. I'll be changing the oil and filter in a couple days; Then the book say's good for 8,000 miles. 74mpg average so far on the Forza. Mary's been averaging 68mpg on her CTX for over a year now. We'll get together someday/somehow for lunch again.

·
Registered
203 Posts
off topic but why does the Forza and the CTX get so much better gas mileage than the burgman? Can it all be due to drag?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
off topic but why does the Forza and the CTX get so much better gas mileage than the burgman? Can it all be due to drag?
My guess is the Forza is just a small thumper with a well engineered modern engine;
And the CTX 700 twin is just a well engineered modern efficient engine.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Looks good!

I'd say one of the biggest factors on MPG is who's riding the thing!

I know that if I shed 100lbs, carried a lot less than what I do normally for "Just in case", and used the throttle more as a graduated control and less of as a switch, I could improve my mpg considerably (especially on the 400)...... but with a corresponding reduction in grin factor.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Dan,

Here's mine now.....
[/URL][/IMG]

The 400 will be getting sold soon, and most likely another Sport-Tourer taking it's place, favoring the Trophy SE at the minute

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ready to ride

Changed the oil and filter today. 1 1/2 quarts of oil, and the exact same filter as the wife's CTX700 or my old Star 950 Tour. Job was done in 10 minutes; Nothing to remove to access the filter, fill, or drain bolt. I'm liking this little bugger.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Picture

TwoWheeler:

Good looking scooter. I wish Burgman would do a RED again... and some important updating for the price.

I love to hear about that good mileage.

:p

·
Registered
3 Posts
new 2014 Burgman 200 is 85mpg Canada gently for first 1000km not over 100km/hr
just installed Givi Adaptor kit & rear box for more storage room. kit was $60 inc tax
Manual info for removing lower rear trim under Tail lites not clear 2 plastic have tobe removed inside rear fender, then its pull rearwards,then center screw holding top plastic cover + 3 Plastic snapins, & then tail lites can be replaced, amyway expect
Hiway only mpg may hit 90mpg or more,only 350km so far I am 79 love under seat room

·
Registered
66 Posts
Same 10 minutes as the Burgman 400. Your Forza is a pretty bike. I don't see any advantage over the Burg 4 except maybe fuel mileage but that is based on a smaller engine and not riding very fast.

Changed the oil and filter today. 1 1/2 quarts of oil, and the exact same filter as the wife's CTX700 or my old Star 950 Tour. Job was done in 10 minutes; Nothing to remove to access the filter, fill, or drain bolt. I'm liking this little bugger.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Agree

Same 10 minutes as the Burgman 400. Your Forza is a pretty bike. I don't see any advantage over the Burg 4 except maybe fuel mileage but that is based on a smaller engine and not riding very fast.
I bought this 300 Forza because the wife really missed her 400 Burgman. Performance is very similar but the price difference is huge. We both enjoy driving this little bugger. It's fun...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts