Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems quite a little high doesn't it? I like the '05, 650, silver but it blends into the color of concrete and some asphalt highways so I'm considering a higher visibility color. The $1,700 guy is top quality but out of my budget. Anyone out there had their scooters painted?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
before you repaint you may want to conceder the largest surface area on your bike, that is seen by anyone looking your way, is your back or your upper torso.
Wear a road workers vest or something comparable and save the money. :)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
You gimme 400 bux an 8 days an I'll paint that baby two tone with pin-stripes! :D :D

Oh yeah - I 'll need an air compressor and some hoses and some masking tape and....

:wink:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
$1,700.00! :shock:

I hope for that price he was hand painting a realization from Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel fresco or someting!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's a bit out of line for a one color paintjob. I'd shop around a bit more.
I mean if you want a brighter color you could just have someone shoot a candy color over the silver base that is already there. I've already been debating on if I'm gonna throw a candy coat over the factory silver on my burgman. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
611 Posts
You might consider using reflective tape to accent the bike - and leave the paint alone. I used 4 inch wide strips of reflective blue on my silver Yamaha Zuma. It looks good - and really stands out. I got the tape cheap as pieces on E-Bay. Green and yellow would also look good. I think you need to avoid red reflective anywhere except on the rear - but other than that you have a lot of color choices/combinations...

FWIW: I was going to do green with black outline rather than the blue with white outline that I went with - but I didn't have enough black (the black reflective is silver at night.

You could also just get some graphics from tapeworks.com or something...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thats a bit on the Outlandish side...a couple of days ago I took my 400 by the Paint Shop for a quote and was told $800-$900...and Half that if I took off all the Tupperware and just brought it down.

Though the best thing is something like either a Light Belt or Vest...the new LED ones run HUNDREDS of Hours on a AA battery or two...

Look at them here...I got the Armbands from Riders Wearhouse...this is the Manufacturers Website but they don't sell Retail.

http://www.polybrite.com

~ R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts