Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home tonight and decided I would start and run my '09 that's been sitting in the garage since I put my '03 back together and I've been riding that. Turn the key on, pull a lever and push the starter button. It cranks a little slow and doesn't start. Ok put the battery charger on it for a while and try again, nope. :confused: Checked and no F1 light, hmmm. Do a battery disconnect, nope. Smells like fuel from the exhaust so maybe I flooded it opening the throttle while cranking? OK pull the panel to get at the fuel pump connector and unplug it, crank the engine a few times to hopefully clear the flooding, nope. Grrr, ok now what? Pull the engine cover and radiator shield, take the left bolt out of the radiator, swing it out and clamp it to the front brake rotor, and pull the coils/spark plugs. The spark plugs are not wet with fuel, carboned up, and the gap is ok. Pulled the fuel pump connector, plugged the coils in loose with spark plugs and cranked it over. Well I have spark, then it dawns on me that when I stored the bike up on the pedestal there wasn't much fuel in it and I had run it a few times off/on. I look at the fuel gauge and both the last segment and pump icon are flashing. As I pull the fuel cap off I hear a sucking not pressure sound, hmm. Well I took my NATO gas can down to the local station and put 2 gallons in it, then came back home to put in the '09. I put the spark plugs/coils back on, plugged in the fuel pump, pushed the button and she fired the first time. Go figure, lol.

Oh and then after that I tore apart a toaster I found that was going to be thrown out at work (was kinda dirty with stuff melted on the grilles like a BBQ), cleaned all the bits, reassembled it and voila I have a usable toaster. :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Years ago I was on a trip in a friend's car when it broke down about 20 miles from home. We couldn't find what was wrong with it so I caught 4 buses home (which took about 3 hours) and drove back in my car to tow him in. When I arrived he had discovered the fault.......yes, you've guessed it....no petrol. His car guzzled fuel, so I suggested he lighten it a bit by removing the unused massive towing-bracket, which he did - and put it in the boot!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
His car guzzled fuel, so I suggested he lighten it a bit by removing the unused massive towing-bracket, which he did - and put it in the boot!
Ha ha ha. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Apparently this was my problem this week. I only made sure I hadn't overfilled the oil, recharged the battery and tried jump starting him before I tried the gas cap and added gas. Took a little convincing but he started up. Better part of a week trying to figure out what's wrong and it turns out I am an idiot. :violent1:

Thanks for making me check the obvious.

ShuadChaun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts