Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights quit last night. Both high and low beams are out but come on when pressing the flash high beam button. I checked to see that the bulb plugs were tight and they appear to be. The left light plug has come loose before. No blown fuses. I suspect it might be something to do with the high/low switch. Is this a "know problem" and if so what's the solution. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
It's most likely the headlight cut-out switch in the starter switch, a very common problem.

Spray in some contact cleaner or WD-40 at the starter button.

·
Premium Member
14,255 Posts
I concur. The symptoms you discribe are usually associated with the cut off switch in the starter button sticking.

·
Registered
426 Posts
As the others have posted, it is likely that the starter button is stuck. I had the same issue several months ago. Started my AN650K7 and wasn't aware the lights weren't on until I rode through a tunnel. I checked the fuses down in the left fuse box beside the main glove box (by the air filter) and all the fuses looked good. After reading here on BUSA sure enough found that the starter button was sticking, causing loss of headlights. A few presses on the button found that the starter button was getting stuck. Pulled the right hand assembly apart and sprayed inside with some WD40. Gave the starter button more than a few pushes to try and get the WD40 to work its way in. All good, put it all back together onto the handle bars and so far the problem hasn't resurfaced (yet). Gave the throttle cables a bit of WD40 while I was at it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for quick response

This site has been down here all afternoon, so I'm glad I checked back. I've been tracing the wiring diagram and wondered if there was something associated with the starter switch. I also noticed that my radiator fan appears to kick on as I come to a stop. That too is tied to the starter switch, which I gather shuts everything down when you start the scoot so maximum power is available for the starter. Will be checking this out later tonight. Thanks again for pointing me to something to check. Will report back my findings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are good. Sprayed a bunch of WD40 in the starter switch and in the emergency flasher slot just above and the over-ride switch broke free. Lights are on and I expect the radiator fan will act differently too. Probably ought to tear that handle bar side apart some day and clean up any corrosion that has formed. Probably won't. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It's most likely the headlight cut-out switch in the starter switch, a very common problem.

Spray in some contact cleaner or WD-40 at the starter button.
I agree with ErikDK..............:hello1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts