Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Exec with 20K has been running like a dream until today. About two miles from home after a 40 mile commute from Austin the engine started to hesitate whenever I added power. Luckily made it home without stalling. The trip meter indicated 190 miles when I stopped, but the fuel guage showed the last segment still black but flickering. I usually exceed 50MPG so I wasn't out of fuel. Is fuel contanintion a possibility since the fuel was low? I installed new plugs at 18K and no indication of any problems besides the hesitation. Any ideas before I take it back to the dealer? Not sure about he local Suzuki Burgman mechanic, since previously he didn't know location of stopper bolt.

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
I would try putting some more gas in it and seeing what it does. At a 190 miles you can't have very much gas left in the tank. When that last bar starts flickering you only have about a half gallon left. If you were running on the highway into a head wind you might be using more gas than you normally would.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
As Buffalo said, you were very low on fuel. Fill and run a few miles and see if problem is still there. If low fuel is not the problem, then suspect since you recently replaced the plugs, check to make sure the boots are fully seated on the plugs. It takes quite a bit of pressure to fully seat the boots so they don't come loose from the plug. It sometime takes some miles for this to happen.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
190 miles is pushing it, well bordering on you having to push it. :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ken said:
As Buffalo said, you were very low on fuel. Fill and run a few miles and see if problem is still there. If low fuel is not the problem, then suspect since you recently replaced the plugs, check to make sure the boots are fully seated on the plugs. It takes quite a bit of pressure to fully seat the boots so they don't come loose from the plug. It sometime takes some miles for this to happen.
You were right on, Ken. As it was, the hesitation started when I took a short cut to home that is a rough road. I did check the boots and the left cylinder boot was not fully seated. I could feel the click when I reseated it. Thanks for the good advice and saving me an expensive trip to the dealer who would have probably let the bike sit for days before he got to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts