Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi From Florida,

From HD Roadglide to 650 Burgman at 70 yrs old. Absolute gas. Love this ride 55 years of cruising this machine totally fits my groove.
help! pls
1. Is there any way to brighten my dash lights?
2. Is there any way to adjust the clutch so it disengages earlier? My scooter doesn't coast until 8 mph.

Thank SBF looking forward to hearing from you.

safe cruzzzzzzzzen

chef mario

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey Mario,

Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

In short 1) no, 2) no, but make sure it's not in "Power" mode, that makes it worse. Sorry. There maybe some solution I'm not familiar with, but on the stock bike, I'm not aware of any dimmer switch or clutch adjustment.

·
Administrator
18,742 Posts
ErikDK uses 2 SpeedoHealers to do a mod the does cut the clutch lockup down somewhat.

On the dash lights, TechArtGuy has done different LED lights and polarizing back light screens to change the dash lights.

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is interesting. It's almost the exact story of the previous owner of my Burgman - a Harley guy who was slowing down, don't need a trike, thankyouverymuch...just something a little easier to step onto and without the shifting.

He had it for five years, until he extended his riding season into the late fall...put his foot down on the driveway...stepped on some ice...slipped, broke his ankle when the Burgman rolled onto him. Wife said, That's ENOUGH.

Thing about getting to be a mature age is, you know when you've met your match and know which hills are worth fighting for. So, in a leisurely manner, he put his machine up for sale. Even with the scratches from the drop, it was, all told, in great shape and a good buy for me.

Me, I like the darker light on that dash...the LCD numerals stand out, and the not-so-bright dash doesn't blind me to the road ahead. But...probably, not any way to brighten it. I don't know if it's incandescent light bulbs or LED lighting back there...but I DO know that some Burgman 650s are prone to having their electronic gauge modules fail. Repair is expensive; I passed on two 650s for gauge problems.

Have fun.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
You can't change when the clutch disengages but you can lessen the effect by keeping just a tiny bit of throttle on as you slow down instead of closing the throttle completely. Close it completely once you get down around 10 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts