Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After new paint I'm ready to re assemble the front of my bike.
Q.
Other than the dealer where can I purchase fastners, they are black plastic that the center black pin presses in that locks the body panels together?
I once found them on ebay, I didn't save the site.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just like using "well nuts" from Home Depot for your windshield I would think twice about using anything but the stock part. The push pins absorb some of the energy in case of a static drop by breaking & thus sparing the body panels from breaking. Just my 2 cents from personal experience. Mark

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have changed my lower covers to well nuts. Drilled them out to accept a suitable size. Using a large washer on top when tightening them will hold the rubber flange to the part and provide enough support.
I however would never use them on a windshield !
Really makes oil changes easy when your not crawling around looking for those incessant fender nuts that came on the scoot. Also painted the lower covers with truck bed liner. Its rubberized paint,black,and I think makes my 03 look better. Made by duplicolor and no stone chips and scratches.

·
Registered
346 Posts
NAPA fasteners

After my first oil change on the 2007 Burgman 650 I bought in July, I needed to buy pushpins since I broke 2 of them getting them out while removing the maintenance access panel under the LH footrests. Very brittle plus I'm a klutz. Bad combination.

After a few tries, I found the following out at NAPA and they seemed to fit perfectly. Good snug fit and easy to install. The real test came yesterday when it was time to change the oil again (3,150 miles in less than 3 months). These were very easy to remove. Just slip a flat blade screwdriver between the 2 pieces on top, pry up gently, and then the whole assembly pops out. They were even in good shape to reuse. It made removing/installing the Tupperware much easier.

Cost for a pack of 6 was about $5.

·
Registered
704 Posts
First time I went to the dealer needing two the parts person handed my two... free. When I decided to carry spares he charged me and I don't remember them being very expensive.

BurgPnoMan, I'm curious, why did you break some changing oil? Ten oil changes and the only thing I've removed is the screw for the engine tunnel cover and the 4 bolts to hold the final drive cover. Tranny oil requires no panel removal whatsoever.

I did remove the handle bar covers, top dash and lower dash panels when installing my Rostra electronic cruise and lower and upper rear panel when I mounted my top box and broke one pin fastener so far.

·
Registered
346 Posts
First time I went to the dealer needing two the parts person handed my two... free. When I decided to carry spares he charged me and I don't remember them being very expensive.

BurgPnoMan, I'm curious, why did you break some changing oil? Ten oil changes and the only thing I've removed is the screw for the engine tunnel cover and the 4 bolts to hold the final drive cover. Tranny oil requires no panel removal whatsoever.

I did remove the handle bar covers, top dash and lower dash panels when installing my Rostra electronic cruise and lower and upper rear panel when I mounted my top box and broke one pin fastener so far.
I went ahead and did the engine oil, CVT oil, and final gear oil all at one time. Took the panel off to reach CVT easier. This time, I had the panel off in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
704 Posts
CVT oil? I didn't know that it had oil. On mine it is, engine, tranny (really a speed reducer) and final drive. All are on the left side and the only one which requires plastic removal is the final drive. I guess I'm gonna have to figure out how to take the right side off to clean the CVT filter sometime this winter.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thanks! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts