Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the right side headlight assembly (the high beam side) of the 400 K7 can be replaced with the K8 right side headlight assembly. If so, is it a perfect fit? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I would guess "probably" but you never know what changes from year to year, maybe someone else will pipe in :cool:

·
Administrator
18,717 Posts
Check with Daboo over on BurgmanRiders.com as I think he did it. Tell Chris Hi from some of us.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I have a line out to Chris at Burgman Riders too. Wanted to know about the connectors and if I need to splice wires or something. I just ordered the part from ebay. Good deal I think at $115 delivered. The Burger is my only ride and I need to get the best possible night time road visibility. Having two good low beams properly adjusted is a good start or even the Final Solution-sans Moriarty. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait, why do you need to change the high-beam side? It already has an H4 dual-filament bulb.
Hi Progrediens, The '07 has two different reflectors. If you can look through the lens you can see that the right side (on your left as you look) has a reflector that tends to shoot the beam upward. Maybe that is why when I use the HB side 90 pct of the light goes off into the trees instead of on the road where I need it. Simply rewiring the right side to use as a LB just doesn't cut it. That beam will be squandered up into the treetops too. The '08 has a reflector similar to the '07 left side reflector making the set even and both focused on the street. Where I do need it.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As it turns out I ordered a new old stock-slightly marked '08 right side HL that arrived without 3 very small screws that screw into the reflector to hold it tightly in the assembly. After a cordial conversation with the seller he generously asked me not to send it back to him so that neither he nor myself would have to pay shipping on an item the would be difficult to resell and he returned the money I sent him. This was all on him. The man was a prince. So now if I can find those screws somewhere I will be able to use it. Strange being on the receiving end of things for once.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not sure about how the wiring goes yet. Chris explained it to me on the other site but it was like reading OPTIKS by SIR ISAAC NEWTON to me. :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
For me, i will install hid bi-xenon projectors for the same price of the reflector you ordered, but with better results more than what you think of dual headlights.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When replacing bulbs be extremely careful with H.I.D. Units, although the light may be brighter they are also hotter than the normal bulbs, prolonged use could quite easily generate enough heat to warp and damage internal plastic parts including the reflector...
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Jim

·
Registered
828 Posts
i said "Projectors" not "Bulbs" the bulbs will be fitted inside the projectors, also the reflectors can handle the excessive heat of the H4 bulbs that can reach >200 celsius.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts