Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

06 Burgman Reports/rumors

4K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  bikinbiddy 
#1 ·
I ask the dealer I do business with to call his rep and see what info was available on the 06 models.

Results – no info on 650s, some 400s have been released early but they were all dark grey.

Who knows if the rep knows what he is talking about, but that is the report.

#2 ·
End of month for 400's

Dealer I talked to today said the 400's on hand were the end of the ones they would have. He said the end of October they would receive the new 06's.

No word on the new 650's and still some on hand.

As accurate as they have been about other things, though, I wouldn't necessarily rely on the information.

#3 ·
Sold out in my area of AN400K5's and AN650K5's. No AN400SK5's were brought in.

The next shipment of AN400SK6 should have arrived either today or will arrive tomorrow and start working their way through unloading and customs. I'll know when they arrive as I'll be given my VIN for insurance and registration.

I was told the AN650 was not seeing any additions or modifications save possible color updates.

The dealer in my area is not bringing in any AN400s except for the Type S so they had no information on the status of the standard 400.

Granted these are all rumors until seen in the plastic as has been said before but I'm inclined to say the 2006 picture for Burgmans is pretty clear without many new additions or changes enroute.

#5 ·
I think that would look sharp, I like dark grays, but why in blazes won't they come in colors more visible, if for no other reason than saftey! I'm not saying I want to see it bright saftey yellow, something a bit brighter would be nice.

#8 ·
Wyldman said:
The picture looks like the same old silver 400 as before. How inspired of Suzuki to make such a radical change.
LOL, I hear you. Although in all fairness, the differences in the grays would be more noticeable if you had both sitting next to each other.

Wyldman said:
...but why in blazes won't they come in colors more visible, if for no other reason than saftey! I'm not saying I want to see it bright saftey yellow, something a bit brighter would be nice.
Too bad they aren't releasing the 400 SS here in the states... :roll:

#10 ·
Folks,

I know I am an extreme newby here but I would like to throw my 2 cents worth in here regarding the color grey -- or can we call this a shade of silver?

The latest car safety report that came out in my neck of the woods has stated the safest color auto (I know...it is a car and not a scoot) was SILVER.

I don't know...maybe the grey is done for that reason...

Gordon

#12 ·
Red is a good color during the day but not at night where it shows up black. White is a good color except in fog. Silver is slightly less visable in daylight but more visible in fog. Lime green is best with yellow second. My 2 cents.

#14 ·
Many fire departments around the country have switched from the traditional red to lime green just because it has the highest index of contrast - i.e. it clashes with everything :!:

#15 ·
I personally have difficulty seeing Silver or Grey vehicles in heavy rain, so I do not consider it a good color for visibility. Yellow is hard to beat. I'd buy a yellow scoot in a heartbeat if it was available on a model I wanted. But I'm not going to trade my 650 in on a Reflex to get it. :lol:

#16 ·
The yellow Reflex does look good. I saw one setting in front of the Honda dealer before I bought Sting and though it was a SW. I was ready to go in a buy it until I stopped and took a closer look and saw it was a 250 :( .

#17 ·
Tid bits on safety colors...

http://www.drivers.com/article/707/

Most automobile trips in the United States are under 5 miles.

Studies conducted by the University of California and Mercedes-Benz found that bright yellow and bright blue are the safest and most visible colors for cars.

In the United States, the most popular car color is white, followed by silver and green.

There are more than 185,500,000 licensed drivers in the United States.

Interestingly enough, studies show significant evidence suggesting that the color of a car influences the chances of it getting into a serious accident. A 1999 Auckland study indicates that silver is the safest color to paint a car. Why? Researchers are still unclear, however in a controlled study of over 1,000 cars they determined that silver cars are much less likely to be involved in a serious crash than cars of other colors. The study indicates that people driving in silver cars were fifty percent less likely to suffer serious injury in a crash compared with drivers of white cars. White, yellow, grey, red and blue cars all carried the same risk of injury according to the study. Those drivers in black, green or brown cars were twice as likely to suffer a crash with a serious injury.

Sue Furness, at the University of Auckland, led the study but said the team did not know why silver cars appeared safer. "We think it may be due to a combination of light color and high reflectivity," she hypothesized.

#18 ·
When a scooter is only available in one color, it strikes me that the company making it doesn't really take its target audience seriously. Maybe it's just an extra model to them, and I know it's not the biggest selling one at that - but I simply would not buy a bike of any brand with that awful blueberry color - and to go to the expense of having the bike painted is not in my interest.

I know it's moulded plastic, but it's not tough to offer at least three colors. It's not like the non-colored parts are dependant on the tupperware. Do sales and marketing execs really think people care that little for color? I shudder to think.

At least they could offer some good base color, like black. Black may not be a favorite, but it's less likely to offend as many people as that awful blue. Like I said, I don't think bike companies take scooter buyers seriously. With the amount of aftermarket accessories we buy, you'd think they'd wake up.

BTW - I love the look of the yellow reflex as well. As luck would have it, that was the only color available that year...

#19 ·
I agree completely

Darcy,

For what it's worth, I agree completely. I honestly don't understand where they get the idea that a lot of Americans (if thats the market) would want that blue color (notwithstanding that some would). I got a call from a local dealer that he had a blue 650 on the floor (I had seen a silver one already) and wanted me to come and see it and I told him I wasn't interested.

I certainly agree that certain base colors should be offered. Black, white and silver, maybe. And I agree, I wouldn't want to go to the trouble of painting one. I saw the red 400S at a dealer last week and would not be interested in that either. RED. Gimme a break. (But, yeah, I like the yellow too - though some might not.)

The Japanese make wonderful products but sometimes I think they totally misread American tastes (if they are trying to read them).

Maybe lycheed would have some insight into this issue.

Anyway, my two cents, and worth about that much too.

#20 ·
One other difference, albeit slight, is that the mirrors appears from that angle to be black instead of chrome. Also the chrome garnish under the windshield appears to be body color. The good news about the lack of major style change is that the depreciation tends to be slight when the body style doesn't change.

#22 ·
Does anyone know if Suzuki ever changed or added another color in midyear?

Does anyone know what it might cost to repaint a Burgman?

#23 ·
Maybe I should put silver pinstripes on my blue Burg?
The exec blue is nice. The new blueberry is not. (IMO).

Honestly, if anyone at Suzuki actually sat down to decide what color bike they should offer next, would the tens of thousands of members on this particular board's opinions ring a bell? I'll create a poll, maybe it's not too late for 2007 models.

#25 ·
Do a poll...........

Darcy,

I support you doing a current poll on preferred colors...............

Then why not send the results to Suzuki..............

Maybe done before??

Anyway, can't hurt to do again with current membership. I'm definately interested in the results.

Good thinkin.

#26 ·
Silver the most popular color for autos???... Possibly so, but I wonder if it's not by default... Example; Burgman comes in blue or silver... I don't like dark colors so my only option is silver. So by default for me silver wins.. but it's not my favorite...

BIll...

PS I'd also like to see a color poll... with about 12 choices including white or the champagne colors like my GW trike in my avatar...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.