Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful blue in excellent shape.
Bike is too big for me (female)
Has am/fm/cd player and speakers with remote.
32,000 miles
Located in Fernandina Beach FL
always garaged and covered
$4500.
email [email protected] for pics

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Since you are a new member and this is your first post, it is STRONGLY suggested you post the pictures here. If you have a craigslist link, please post it as well.

And as always, thank you for shopping at Kmart.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes, I bought my 05 for $3300 with only 3500 miles on it, several months ago. It's going to be hard selling one with 32k miles on the clock. There is a transmission belt and conservative estimates put replacement of it at 50k. It is an expensive repair. So many will look at that bike as only having 18k left to go before a major cash outlay.

I don't know what the market is for that bike, but I know its not $4,500.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Yes, I bought my 05 for $3300 with only 3500 miles on it, several months ago. It's going to be hard selling one with 32k miles on the clock. There is a transmission belt and conservative estimates put replacement of it at 50k. It is an expensive repair. So many will look at that bike as only having 18k left to go before a major cash outlay.

I don't know what the market is for that bike, but I know its not $4,500.
I would not agree with that estimate. If you are referring to some info that was posted on this site some time ago, the methodology used was flawed IMO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forum suggestions

Do NOT bash another members thread. If you don't like the price, keep it to yourself. No one want's to hear what you think they should ask for their stuff!
If you have no intention of buying, don't reply to the thread unless you have something nice to say.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Do NOT bash another members thread. If you don't like the price, keep it to yourself. No one want's to hear what you think they should ask for their stuff!
If you have no intention of buying, don't reply to the thread unless you have something nice to say.
You are new here so you wouldn't know how people on this forum usually respond to for sale posts. Don't take the posts personal they are not meant to bash you, they are made to help others make an informed decision. The purpose of this forum is to help people to be happy with there Burgman experience and if someone starts their experience by overpaying they start off unhappy. We are not here to help the seller so much as help the owner or the prospective owner. There are a lot of ways to try to sell your Burgman and this is a good place to start but you have to take the good with the bad. This is a public forum so you can't expect people to keep there opinions to themselves even if you don't like what they say. Your scooter sounds like a nice scooter and I hope you sell it quickly I'm sure there is a buyer out there and being here in Florida it should sell quicker than it would up north this time of year. I hope you understand I'm not trying to offend you I'm just trying to explain the way this forum usually works.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You are new here so you wouldn't know how people on this forum usually respond to for sale posts. Don't take the posts personal they are not meant to bash you, they are made to help others make an informed decision. The purpose of this forum is to help people to be happy with there Burgman experience and if someone starts their experience by overpaying they start off unhappy. We are not here to help the seller so much as help the owner or the prospective owner. There are a lot of ways to try to sell your Burgman and this is a good place to start but you have to take the good with the bad. This is a public forum so you can't expect people to keep there opinions to themselves even if you don't like what they say. Your scooter sounds like a nice scooter and I hope you sell it quickly I'm sure there is a buyer out there and being here in Florida it should sell quicker than it would up north this time of year. I hope you understand I'm not trying to offend you I'm just trying to explain the way this forum usually works.
Agreed. This forum is painfully honest. If someone has a great bike for sale at a great price, we will be the first to say so. If someone doesn't, we will say that also. This helps buyers to find good deals and sellers to be more realistic in their expectations. We're not trying to be mean or bash, we're just saying how it is given the vast experience of the group in such things.

I hope the scooter sells. They are great bikes.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I would not agree with that estimate. If you are referring to some info that was posted on this site some time ago, the methodology used was flawed IMO.
Agreed. But that is the number that is out there. The number we've all heard. I heard that number even before i ever joined this board or bought a 650. Right or wrong, its out there and sellers have to contend with it. Perception is sometimes more powerful than reality. Best to be prepared for it.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Today I am a bit disappointed. This person's ad has become a shouting match of sorts. A few years ago I was reprimanded because I commented on someones price and they had not asked for any opinions. This new person deserves the same respect. While it is their first post and they should be more informative about the bike(such as pictures, better description, and and introduction) but it is their option.

If a member keeps posting the same add or ask why they have received no interest it may be different, but if you were selling your house and others could publicly post that it was worth $XXX less, you would lose the sale and be ticked off. Same applies here. I have sent sellers an email and explained that they may want to look at current prices and actually show them data, but once you post it in their ad, it is permanent for any future buyer to see.

Let's be better than this and not price everyone's ad for them. This is not what BurgmanUSA is about.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Today I am a bit disappointed. This person's ad has become a shouting match of sorts. A few years ago I was reprimanded because I commented on someones price and they had not asked for any opinions. This new person deserves the same respect. While it is their first post and they should be more informative about the bike(such as pictures, better description, and and introduction) but it is their option.

If a member keeps posting the same add or ask why they have received no interest it may be different, but if you were selling your house and others could publicly post that it was worth $XXX less, you would lose the sale and be ticked off. Same applies here. I have sent sellers an email and explained that they may want to look at current prices and actually show them data, but once you post it in their ad, it is permanent for any future buyer to see.

Let's be better than this and not price everyone's ad for them. This is not what BurgmanUSA is about.
I respectfully disagree. I get the point you are trying to make, and honestly agree with a lot of it. However, greenproducts did not do her homework about this board and had an unrealistic expectation as to what it would deliver. To me some respect is given, but more must be earned. Had she done a little leg work as to current pricing and priced even close to it, we would not have had to mention current market prices. I'm sorry she got upset, but she had unrealistic expectations.

I liked what model28a said, "The purpose of this forum is to help people to be happy with there Burgman experience and if someone starts their experience by overpaying they start off unhappy. We are not here to help the seller so much as help the owner or the prospective owner."

I think that's true or should be. Greenproducts will likely never post on this board again. But what about her buyer? What about his current or future membership? If we all sat on the sidelines saying nothing when we saw an obvious error in a sales ad, like the emperors new clothes, what do we tell the new member when he buys the bike? Sorry, we were just being nice to the seller? Our silence could be construed as agreement.

I like the decorum you write about, and certainly a member that has been around and contributed and helped or entertained deserves it and our respect. But someone who is solely using the board to make a buck? Not so much...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Even more odd is a 2003 650 on ebay going for $4,000. It has the Danson trike kit, which only ads nominal value... still I can not believe it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
price is a little steep for an 06 with that many miles I just bought a 2012 with 5400 miles for $6000
Good for you. I couldn't find one at the time I was shopping close (within 200 miles) for less than the $6500 I payed. My bike was a 2009 with just over 2000 miles on it in mint showroom condition. You got lucky, I didn't.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
BIKE SOLD!! Got my price!
Congratulations! Sometimes it all comes down to luck and timing. The best deals are the ones where both sides walk away smiling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts