Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken at Competition Accessories in Springfield OH. Thanks to their sales staff for letting me shoot a few in their showroom.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I see what you meant about the problem with accessing the under seat storage, the cheap running boards, and the look of the rear shocks. Also, the paint finish looks overly "metal flaked". Good pictures, thanks.

Peace.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Thanks for taking the pics. Overall, the build quality looks cheapish. I'd have to see it myself to be sure, but I think both Aprilia and Kymco do a better job with fit and finish. Yamaha kinda brought a knife to a gunfight. I can't understand why they didn't import the TMAX, unless they've got something better in the wings. I think they have underestimated the new breed of scooter consumer in the USA. Even the recent threads discussing 200cc machines show a rather discerning eye toward quality.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the overall quality of the proprietory parts (seat, body, etc) was extremely cheap overall. When I tilted the seat up, you could see where it was stapled to the seat pan and they left a good inch of ragged material rather than folding it over under the seam.

I was really not impressed at all. I cannot imagine it running and handling better than the B400, but we'll have to wait and see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts