Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize the 400s went through a metamorphosis in 2007, but did the same happen to the 650? I'm looking at a very nice '05 650 w/ only ~4500 miles on the clock and was wondering if it's worth thinking about. I'm not going to beat the CVT matter to death, but just wanted to know if that year was any worse say than a "07+?

Thanks much,

RUT

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
From what I've read the 03 & 04 had some belt issues that were resolved in the 05 and later bikes. There were minor changes from year to year. Suzuki added the Executive in 07 or so and ABS, but the basic engine & tranny is the same. In '13 they changed the clutch, instruments, and body style and a few other things.

To answer your question, I just bought an 05 and have had no problems in 4k miles riding. But that's not to say I won't. You definitely need to plan on compete fluids change, and probably tires. Might want to check brake lines and other rubber stuff. But it seems to have worked out for me thus far.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I bought a used 05 650 with 3500 miles on it back in 07 and rode it for about 11k miles with zero trouble. I only sold it because I found an 07 with under a thousand miles for a giveaway price. The performance difference between the two is virtually indistinguishable.

As Liam says, there have been baby-step improvements with every model year and the 'big' mods in 2013. Make sure it properly cared for, and do not overpay. You should have many years of good riding ahead of you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used 2005 650 Executive a few years ago that had very low mileage (4,000km). I've been riding it for the past two years and have had no problems whatsoever. It was my first bike and I hope I get to enjoy it for many more years to come!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Have dealer run VIN # as some 2005 have ignition switch problem (a few not all) this was free Suzuki recall inspection and replacement if require free also at time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thanks for the tip. Not being sold by a Suzuki dealer, but the VIV# is easy enough to run at a dealer.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Ok, thanks for the tip. Not being sold by a Suzuki dealer, but the VIV# is easy enough to run at a dealer.
Note that even if dealer not sell bike to you, he will gladly make verification and repair for you if it be require as he get reimburse warranty rate by Suzuki USA for this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts