Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silver 05 My neighbor gets his tomorrow morning. I will be riding with him tomorrow afternoon. It sure will be nice to finally see one in person and see the changes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
238 miles and smiles

05 650 doesn't look much different. Just the light lenses and the front in color. The overdrive worked great and the mileage indicator showed 50 miles per gallon. It still has the same little windshield that does nothing and the performance is the same.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: 238 miles and smiles

Dennis Gross said:
05 650 doesn't look much different. Just the light lenses and the front in color. The overdrive worked great and the mileage indicator showed 50 miles per gallon. It still has the same little windshield that does nothing and the performance is the same.
Because of my height I may add an aftermarket windshield. But even the stock windshield does something. Try riding on the freeway with no windshield for a few hours (especially when the Love Bugs are mating), and I think you'll agree.

As for the overdrive, did in work in automatic mode, or only in manual?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Brian
I agree that a windshield is necessary I have the clearview xxl on mine. The stock one is just two short for most of us. I was riding at four thousand RPM because of the break in period and it did not go into overdrive in automatic so I switched to manual and shifted from 5 into overdrive. The RPM droped about 1000 I think. The road was running out so had to go back to auto. As soon as the break in period is over I will try it again.

·
Registered
761 Posts
so, no one has given the overdrive a full and actual test yet?

Based on Dennis' experience, the OD will not engage while in AUTO under 4K RPM. Is that an accurate reflection?

Has no one been able to get the OD to work in AUTO?

Dennis,, is your bike an executive or just a standard new 2005?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
captainfish said:
Dennis,, is your bike an executive or just a standard new 2005?
They haven't released the Executive to the US market ... yet.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ok, so there will be two versions of the 2005 650 available soon to the USA. Fortunately, I am spittin distance from Victoria Canada. heheheee

Wonder what it would take to drive across the border with a Canadian bike strapped in the bed of my truck? Would I get a nice visit from the customs man?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
captainfish said:
Ok, so there will be two versions of the 2005 650 available soon to the USA.
Not necessarily. Suzuki hasn't said they are going to offer the Executive here in the USA. If they offer it here, they'll probably do it like they did the 400 Type S with no announcement. :?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
billmeek said:
Suzuki hasn't said they are going to offer the Executive here in the USA. If they offer it here, they'll probably do it like they did the 400 Type S with no announcement. :?
I picked up the '05 American Suzuki Corp. scooter brochure at my dealer today.

It lists only 3 scooters:

Burgman 650 (Silver or blue), Burgman 400 (Silver or blue), and Burgman 400 Type S (Pearl Crystal Red).

No mention of a 650 Executive this year.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I saw that too Brian. But that doesn't preclude them from offering it like they did in Canada this year. We don't know if they'll offer it this year, in 2006, or if they will ever offer the Executive to the USA. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
billmeek said:
I saw that too Brian. But that doesn't preclude them from offering it like they did in Canada this year. ...
It doesn't preclude it, but it does indicate that they don't plan on it.

You compared it with lack of announcement on the 400S, and the 400S is in the brochure, so it was announced albeit late.

·
Registered
90 Posts
unbelievable $1400.00 less than on the left coast. Best I have found so far is MSRP plus tax and lic. @8700.00 Whats the taxes and Lic in FL?
Congrad on new B. Hope to be joining everyone shortly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts