Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode my 650 after dark tonite and noticed several difference between my former '04 and current '12. The headlights on my '04 on low beam I hated because it drew a definite line across the road as if someone held a sheet of cardboard over the head lights. The '12 doesn't have such a distinct line but washes out farther ahead more like my other vehicles. The '12 has a yellow ********* light that flashes for a minute or so then goes solid at 38 degrees or less. In clock mode, when the light flashes the clock turns to temp and also flashes then goes to solid with the ********* light. If the temp then rises to over 40 degrees the temp automatically goes back to clock mode and the ********* light goes out. My '04 did not have the temp indicator or the ********* light.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I never noticed if there is any difference in the headlamp bulbs or housings between the two years but I do see that the part number changed so it's possible. Can't say I noticed going from my '03 to '09 but I didn't jump from one to the other right away. The snow flake is most likely a ice warning indicator.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Registered
57 Posts
I noticed the ********* for the first time a few nights ago. It was alarming as I was trying to look through my frosty visor to see what was flashing at me, then finally saw it.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The ********* got me by surprise one morning. I thought there was something wrong with the bike because of all the flashing going on until I pulled over to study what was happening, I just chalk it up to yet another annoying idiot light.

·
Administrator
18,347 Posts
InfernoST said:
I just chalk it up to yet another annoying idiot light.
Yepper, one I do NOT need. Man, it would be on 2/3 of my yearly ride. NO thanks Ma Suzuki, you can keep that upgrade. My butt does a good job letting me know its cold out.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Most modern cars do he same thing, a tone or a light saying " take care - chance of ice is high"

·
Registered
2 Posts
********* Light

Thanks for the info, guys. I first saw the light flashing this morning when it hit 38 degrees and I didn't know WHAT it was! It took me a while to find your thread and greatly appreciate the info. I couldn't find it anywhere else.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Don't need a light to tell me it's gonna be a cold ride! But hey why not...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts