Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the headlights on my '04' 400 and noticed that the lights were 35w, and I installed Silverstar Ultra 9003/HB2 that are 65/65w. Is the hotter bulb going to burn the housing where the lights contact the housing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, nobody answered me about the headlights on my '04' burg 400 so I got the answer myself. Which is usually the best way anyway. So here goes, for your info. I reordered my lights to install the stock 35/35w bulbs. My local dealer wanted $65.00 for one bulb, so I checked on line through Amazon.com and got two 35/35w bulbs for $16.04 including S&H. They are from Memotronics, part #H4-HS1 35/35w Halogen Lamp Bulb, and they sell for $5.82 ea for a total of $11.64 plus S&H $4.40. I hope this helps someone else.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Somehow I missed your first post. I have a 2005 and when the bulb burned out, I replaced them with the Silverstars. That was nine months ago, and there is no evidence the higher watt bulbs are burning the housing or wiring. On the other hand, they do not seem much brighter than the original ones.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The silverstars may be a brighter light, but they will have a much shorter life because of the higher wattage. For the price of not that much more light, I thinks the oem's is a better deal.

·
Administrator
18,748 Posts
JC, you posted this on the Newbie section. If you had asked this question on the General or the 400 forum I am sure you would have gotten an answer sooner. I try not to post much on the 400 forums as I am not an owner of one. But anything electrical or mechanical in the General Forum I will try.

·
Administrator
18,748 Posts
I have been running 60/55 W H4 lamps in my '03 for over 3 years and 25k miles with no problems--$13 a pair from Advance Auto Parts...
And the only difference from a H4's and 9003's is the 9003 is made to a bit higher quality standard. Same 55w/60w ratings for a standard halogen bulb but the 9003 may be just a bit whiter longer. They all dim yellowish after a long time.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The "higher quality" part of the 9003/HB2 (the DOT spec vs the H4 "Euro" spec) is with respect to more precise filament location requirements of the 9003/HB2 specifications. AFAIK it is unrelated to "whiteness" longevity. Many readily available lamps are just labeled "H4" for simplicity's sake...

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I've been running H4 halogen 55/55w bulbs
for over 5 years with no problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you very much.... I have a burned out low beam on my 2003 Burgman 400. My deal er does not have a replacement in stock and I suspected it would be expensive. Did you replace the bilb on your own? Where can I get a tutorial on replacing the bulb. [email protected]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Tromero- check out MicBergsma's video's on YouTube! :)

*Note: He has the headlight assembly all pulled-out so he could film it so nicely for us. (Notice the connector has been cut off.)
According to his text at the beginning, you can change the bulb from underneath.

Can't help you more because I don't have one... yet. More to follow... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts