Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my an650 and paid the MSRP as "out the door." The purchase price was just under $7k.

I paid that price on the premise that the '04 offered nothing new over the '03, which is what the dealer had told me. Otherwise, I would have attempted to bargain for lower.

I have read a few times that the U.S. '04 models will have a higher windscreen and auto-folding mirrors ... is this true?

According to the Suzuki website, the only new features for '04 is that the CA models will recieve a different emmission system.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
The only difference I am aware for for the 04 models is the introduction of the colour black. Other than that they are identical.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If what I read is correct the only difference between 03 and 04 is the additional color (black) and the valves.. 03 has eight and 04 has four... I don't know if that is a big deal

·
Registered
735 Posts
Rja41,

I think you are referring to engine valves ?

If so 2003 Model (mine) has 4 valves per cylinder, total 8 valves.

Rgds Greg ...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rja41 said:
If what I read is correct the only difference between 03 and 04 is the additional color (black) and the valves.. 03 has eight and 04 has four... I don't know if that is a big deal
Hi -- do you have link to that article?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't have a 650 yet but I am ordering a 2004. I read a feature list that, if I recall correctly mentions the following differences.

1. colors are black and silver only, so I guess the blue is gone.

2. Chrome exhaust cover

3. Analog guages. I think the 2003 has the Digital guages

That was the 3 main things I noticed.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
The 04 dash is the same as the 03 on the 650. I think the analog dash info was found to be incorrect.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Gauges for the AN650 04

Hello there,

I just saw a 2004 AN650 and the gauges are digital...if they were analoge I may have choosen it over the 400! I perfer the size and fit and look of the 400.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Gauges for the AN650 04

Timothy Ma said:
Hello there,

I just saw a 2004 AN650 and the gauges are digital...if they were analoge I may have choosen it over the 400! I perfer the size and fit and look of the 400.
Yep. I just saw a photo of a 2004 dash as well and it is definitely digital. I will be going to the Motorcycle show in Seattle on Sunday so will see for myself what is different on the 2004, but I suspect it is very very little.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Seattle Show?

The Seattle show isn't this coming weekend as your message seems to inply but the first weekend in December (we are currently still in Nov at the time of this message). Just thought you should know.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Seattle Show?

The Seattle show isn't this coming weekend as your message seems to inply but the first weekend in December (we are currently still in Nov at the time of this message). Just thought you should know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Seattle Show?

Timothy Ma said:
Yeah, I just looked at my tickets. :-( oh well, I will be going on the 7th then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
roy_ryall said:
David, when you are at the show ask the Suzuki folks when they will be delivering the 2004s.
I will do that and post it here. My local dealer says they told him in January whch probably means Jan 31.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Warranty question

Perhaps a novice question, but if owner wants to perform first service checkup on his own, meaning, according to the manual, change the oil, filter, trans oil, final gear oil, and possible valve adjustment or idle.....are these items required to be done by the dealership in order to maintain the proper warranty....thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
2004 Burgman 650

Hi guy's
I have seen the 2004 Burgman and I can tell you that there is no change to the standard 650, but what susuki have done is bring out a 650 model called the Executive which I have seen and sat on.
The exec has ABS brakes,electric folding mirrors and lots of crome and that is it. There is no change to the engine or the screen or the dash ,Ho and for the exec the only color you can have is black.

redbird 2

·
Registered
31 Posts
roy_ryall said:
David, when you are at the show ask the Suzuki folks when they will be delivering the 2004s.
I was at the show this Sunday and they said they are in transit now. Not sure what that means but it seemed as he was talking weeks so maybe first part of January instead of end of January. I posted to pics of a black K4 on http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/burgmanAN650 in Photos section in folder called SEATTLE SHOW

·
Registered
5 Posts
2003 - 2004 Differences

Just read today that in 2004 there will be an upgraded Burgman 650 named the "Burgman 650 Executive" along with the model we are familiar with. It will have electric folding mirrors for tight places (who cares), a passinger backrest standard, a chrome exhaust tail piece and a chrome muffler heat shield. There was some mention of heated grips as an option. I hope the heated grips will work on the 2003 Burgman.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts