Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the correct forum. Maybe someone could help.
I changed the oil and brake fluid on my 2003 Burgman . I started it and it ran fine. As I was backing it out of the garage it died and won't start. It turns over but don't fire. It has fuel in the tank and I can hear the pump running and it has spark. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Try this. Put it on the centerstand. Hold the throttle 3/4 to full open while you crank it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If holding the throttle open doesn't work try turning the kill switch off and on and put the kickstand down and back up and retry.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Check the Fuel Injector, To See if Fuel is Flowing, By removing the Fuel Connector,Second Check the Fuel Injector Power flow Connection...

There can't be to many Problems with Fuel injected Systems

Fuel Injector -POWER FLOW - CONNECTION

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the kill switch and kickstand and bypassed the kickstand switch in case that was bad.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Well if you have fuel, spark and air then about the only things left are timing and compression. If you have access to a compression gauge then you might try a compression test.

I'm assuming you do not have a FI light showing. If you do then you may want to put the ECM in dealer mode and see what the code is.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well if it is turning over then it isn't the kill switch or other switches That have the ability to keep it from starting. When did you fill the gas tank last? I'm wondering about bad gas or water in the gas.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Well if you have fuel, spark and air then about the only things left are timing and compression. If you have access to a compression gauge then you might try a compression test.

I'm assuming you do not have a FI light showing. If you do then you may want to put the ECM in dealer mode and see what the code is.
Buffalo, How do you put the ECM in ECM in dealer mode..

Elliott,

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Under the panel below the windshield there is a six prong plug. You either buy the switch Suzuki sells that goes on that plug or you just jumper between two of the pins on the plug with a wire. Once you do that when you turn the ignition key on the error code will show on the dash.

The part number for the dealer mode switch is 09930-82720 and they run about $15.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/suzuki/SP-09930-82720.html?gclid=CK2SnNevi7sCFeHm7AodoCIAog

If you search around on the board you can find instructions to jumper the plug. It doesn't matter if you find it for either 400 or the 650. The plug and the dealer mode switch is the same for all of them. I've only got one switch and I have used it on both my 400 and my 650.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Under the panel below the windshield there is a six prong plug. You either buy the switch Suzuki sells that goes on that plug or you just jumper between two of the pins on the plug with a wire. Once you do that when you turn the ignition key on the error code will show on the dash.

If you search around on the board you can find instructions to jumper the plug. It doesn't matter if you find it for either 400 or the 650. The plug and the dealer mode switch is the same for all of them. I've only got one switch and I have used it on both my 400 and my 650.
OK! thanks Buffalo,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts