Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my question , lets say some one found an 03 or 04 tucked in the back of some one’s garage with just a few miles on it . Now if some one bought it and stuck a Polish adapter in it , would this in your opinion change the outcome (early failure) of one of these earlier models ? I know it pretty much eliminates the diesel noise according to those who have installed one , but my question again is will it do any thing longevity wise ? Buffalo , LaDude ,MJR I’m anxious to here you opinions , or any one else’s who has one from their own experiences . :dontknow:

Thanks In Advance ;)

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
I've never had the CVT from one of those year models apart or seem the polish adapter in the flesh so any opinion I give would be speculation. That being said my guess based on what I have seen posted on this site about the adapter is that it should reduce the issue of the splines on the input shaft failing. That spline failing is the only CVT failure difference I know of between the 03/04 and the 05+ models.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
There there is no guarantee that the Polish adapter will prevent failures it fits snugly and provides better support. Those reasons should make it at least as durable as a '05-up. The Polish adapter is a very nicely made part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts