Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just realized today (stupid me), that I'd passed the necessary mileage and could now exceed 4,000 RPMs. I literally played hooky from work today and just raced around town. So. Much. Fun. This thing hauls -- I had no idea!

So my question is: Anyone know what the 0-to-60 capabilities of the 400 are?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
This is a number we always seem to want and the magazines are more then happy to give us except for some reason they never tell you how much weight the bike was carrying, what air pressure was in the tires, ect., and as a result there number and real life numbers are worlds apart .
I could have just come out and said I don't know, but this was more fun.
:roll:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even without those details... Do you know what the numbers were per chance?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I've never seen a Burgman 400 test that gave 0-60 time, and I spent most of one night searching the web looking for one. There have been several tests of the AN650 that list 0-60 results, but they varied wildly between 5.8 secs and 7.0 secs. Neither times are impressive compared to the 3.9 sec test reported for my DL1000 V-Strom (and it isn't even in the fast motorcycle category). However, the street quickness of these scooters is not reflected by these stats. Any average Jack or Jill can get max acceleration from a Burgman - just twist the throttle open and hang on. But it takes a pro rider a number of tries to get 3.9 secs out of a V-Strom. You need a perfect launch, perfect shifts, and a good clean asphalt surface for maximum traction. The average street rider cannot get close to that. In daily riding, without even really thinking about it or trying to do it, I usually leave other cars and motorcycles far behind when leaving a traffic light when I ride the AN650. The AN400 can also do this.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pauljo said:
[snipped]I usually leave other cars and motorcycles far behind when leaving a traffic light when I ride the AN650. The AN400 can also do this.
Particularly when Malossified :twisted:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Dunno about motorcycles....but I always leave cars behind at the lights on my 400.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
billmeek said:
Dunno about motorcycles....but I always leave cars behind at the lights on my 400.
Its a public duty to do that! :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts