Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a repost from “Who are U? Where U from”, subject; Washington State Burgman Owners?

Brian, you’re right, I was thinking of the town of Oak Harbour on Whidbey Island. :oops: I spent a few weekends at an RV park between Deception Pass State Park and Whidbey Island NAS on highway 20 years ago and am somewhat familiar with the area.

Fort Casey would be a great place to meet. The “Fort Townsend State Park” and the “Deception Pass State Park” are nice areas as well.

I will post this in “Rally’s and Gathering” under “Washington State/B.C. Gathering” to see what interest we get.

Cheers Al

·
Registered
605 Posts
You name the location and I'll be there...Whidbey Island would be a fantastic place. Maybe during the Tulip festival (good excuse) a ride through to LaConner amongest the fields of red, yellow and white tulips during the month of June.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Timothy, I had forgotten about the Tulip Festival in La Conner that would be a good time for everybody to meet. Some of us will have to find accommodation in the area, as we will be coming from the Island. The weather is usually good at that time of the year in the La Conner area. I would think that a ride over to Whidbey Island would be in order as well. I am sure that Reg in Victoria would be game as well and maybe a few riders from the Nanaimo area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Washington State/B.C. Gathering

Sorry Al, I sent this to the wrong place. Meant to send it here. Whenever you find out the dates of this Burgman Clan gathering, let me know. When do the tulips bloom down there in Lotus land?

·
Registered
605 Posts
OK Guys,

This is what I found out about the Tulip festival from the net...its all going to happen in early April. Is there anyone out there who is from this area that provide us with a detailed map of a "proposed" route to best view the tulip fields that would be great. I know there are organized tours on Whidbey island during this time. Lots of camping (Deception Pass State park) or bed and breakfast places in LaConner .

"Tulip fields are located southwest of Mount Vernon in a 15 mile radius. Between 700 and 1,000 acres of bulbs are planted and people journey via car, tour bus, and boat (The Victoria Clipper) to see the flowers in bloom.

Date of 2001 festival: April 6-22, 2001 (the festival is always during the first part of April because that is when the flowers bloom)."

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a question for y'all: how do you pitch these ideas to your wife (or significant other)?

I'm thinking that maybe my situation is a little less flexible than most around here. I've got a wife and a young daughter, and perhaps when my daughter's older I'll be able to invite my wife to ride again and we could take trips as a trio. But in the meantime, trips like this are necessarily a solo effort, and I already spend a fair amount of time on the road with work.

I'd like to take part, but I'll have to miss out unless you can either (a) accelerate the growth of toddlers or (b) construct a lifelike dummy which could pass as me while I'm away. :D

Simon

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is too easy. Pack up your scoot when the wife is out of sight. Get up at 5:00 a.m, tell your wife that you have to go to Seven11. Drive to ferry terminal and board ferry and do the trip. When you return home I don’t know how your wife will react, you’re on your own.

Cheers
:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well, the reaction would be pretty predictable:

First she'd look like this:
:diabloanifire:

Then she'd move onto trying to bring about my demise:
:violent3: :violent2: :violent1:

Finally, she'd serve me with divorce papers.

Any other ideas?
Simon

·
Registered
605 Posts
Oh Simon,

Are you sure she can't be convinced to come along. We will be on our best behaviour. You know its not all the far away for you and with a little bit of planning, it can be made as a day trip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts